Columbia, South Carolina
Velocity Clinical Research, Columbia
Velocity's research site in Columbia was founded in 2019 as part of VitaLink Research, and acquired by Velocity in 2021. Our Columbia site has extensive expertise in respiratory and vaccine trials. In recent years the site has worked to become more therapeutically diverse, with the addition of trials in Migraine and Alzheimer’s research. All trials are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP.
Conveniently located within a medical office on the campus of the local hospital and adjacent to the Principal Investigator’s pulmonary practice, our site staff excel in enrolling diverse patient populations for studies. Ample patient parking is also available in a shared lot monitored by hospital security. The Columbia team is committed to being a resource for study volunteers, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Columbia
The Velocity Columbia team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
Gregory Feldman, MD attended medical school at Second Moscow Medical Institute and completed his Pulmonary and Critical Care training at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Hanover, NH. Dr. Feldman is board-certified in Pulmonary Diseases, Critical Care, and Internal Medicine. His interests include managing patients with COPD, asthma, and work-related asthma. His specialized skills include interventional bronchoscopy for managing patients with lung cancer and airway obstruction, which he applies to Pulmonary and Internal Medicine studies at Velocity.
Columbia facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research, Columbia facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
- Nursing station
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Regulatory document processing area
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including ECG and Holter machines, digital and analog scales