Velocity Clinical Research, Mobile, Alabama
Velocity's research site in Mobile frequently conducts clinical trials related, but not limited to, Infectious Diseases, Women’s Health, and Pulmonology. Acquired by Velocity in 2022, this location was founded in 2019 as part of MedPharmics.
Located in Spring Hill Medical Center, a building filled with a wide variety of doctor’s offices, the site is easily accessible to thousands of patients. All trials conducted at the site are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP. The Mobile team is committed to being a resource for study participants, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness, and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Mobile
The Velocity Mobile team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
Lawrence Sindel, MD earned his undergraduate degree from Tulane University and his medical degree from Louisiana State University. Afterward, he stayed in New Orleans to complete his as a pediatric internship and residency. He then ventured to Durham, North Carolina, where he finished his fellowship in allergy and immunology at Duke University. He later certified in pulmonology. Dr. Sindel began working in Mobile, Alabama in 1983 where he is a highly respected physician in the community, and began conducting clinical trials in 1992 with a focus on Cystic Fibrosis, Asthma, and COPD. He joined Velocity Clinical Research in 2022.
Amy McCoy, MD attended medical school at the University of South Alabama. She continued her training with an OBGYN residency at South Alabama. Dr. McCoy is a board certified OBGYN who has been in practice for over 12 years. She currently practices at Coastal OBGYN in Mobile, Alabama. She has been working with Velocity Research since 2022 conducting studies in women’s health and pregnancy.
Mitzi Davis, CRNP, FNP-C joined Velocity Clinical Research (formerly MedPharmics) as a Sub Investigator in 2021. She has taken the opportunity to utilize her medical knowledge in a leadership role and grow the Mobile site. Prior to clinical research, Mitzi worked as a registered nurse in Alabama, Kentucky, and Georgia. Mitzi earned her nursing degree from University of South Alabama and later, her Master of Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner, from University of Mobile. Mitzi has also served as a nursing instructor at both of her alma maters.
Mobile facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research, Mobile, Alabama facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
- Nursing station
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Regulatory document processing area
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including ECG and Holter machines, digital and analog scales