Salt Lake City (West Jordan), Utah
Velocity Clinical Research, Salt Lake City
Velocity's Salt Lake City research site was founded in 1984 by Werner Huck as Advanced Clinical Research, the first community based clinical research center in Idaho and Utah, and acquired by Velocity in 2019. Mr. Huck was an early advocate of community-based outpatient studies. An initial model of embedding research staff in local practices evolved to stand alone research facilities. Mr. Huck and his research team participated in a large number of antibiotic trials from the 1980s until the early 2000s, addressing many unmet needs in infectious disease indications. This experience led to development of significant expertise in conduction of vaccine studies which remains a key therapeutic focus. Over the years, the Salt Lake City site has expanded its clinical research expertise into Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Women’s Health, and a variety of Family Medicine indications. By working collaboratively and developing strong relationships with area physicians and patients, this site has a broad network of study participants ranging from pediatric to geriatric demographics. In addition, this site also has access to Samoan and Latinx populations.
Located just south of Salt Lake City, this site serves the greater Jordan Valley area. It is within walking distance from Jordan Valley Medical Center and has ample parking for study volunteers. Several hub sites are available as well. This main location has capabilities for overnight stays and extended day visits. All trials are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP. The Velocity Salt Lake City team is committed to being a resource for study volunteers, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Salt Lake City (West Jordan)
The Velocity Salt Lake City (West Jordan) team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
Barbara Rizzardi, MD attended the University of Nevada School of Medicine and completed a residency and internship in internal medicine at LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Rizzardi has research experience in broad range of therapeutic areas including vaccines. In addition to research, she is an independent practitioner with a private clinic. In her spare time, Dr. Rizzardi also enjoys rafting and kayaking wild rivers of the western US.
Salt Lake City (West Jordan) facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research, Salt Lake City facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
- Nursing station
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Regulatory document processing area
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including ECG and Holter machines, digital and analog scales