Velocity Clinical Research at Liver Institute Northwest
Velocity's research site in Seattle, WA partners with Liver Institute Northwest to conduct Phase 2-4 multi-therapeutic clinical trials across many therapeutic indications, with extensive experience with MASH and MASLD. Other research experience includes primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) and chronic hepatitis B. Our patient database is expansive and diverse, and is comprised of primarily metabolic syndrome, fatty liver, and obese populations.
Our site is conveniently located in Seattle just minutes from the University of Washington. Our suite is nestled inside the Lakeview Medical and Dental building and is easily accessible via I-5. All trials are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP. The Velocity Seattle team is committed to being a resource for study volunteers, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Seattle
The Velocity Seattle team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
Dr. Kowdley is an internationally recognized clinician, educator, and researcher in many areas of hepatology. He has practiced in Seattle for more than 30 years and has published over 500 original manuscripts, with publications in the Annals of Internal Medicine, American Journal of Physiology, the New England Journal of Medicine, and other prominent journals. He is the Director of Liver Institute Northwest. Educated at Columbia University and Mount Sinai School of Medicine, he trained at Oregon Health Science University and completed his fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology at Tufts. Dr. Kowdley is a professor at Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine.
Seattle facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research at Liver Institute Northwest facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
• Private examination/consultation rooms
• Comfortable patient reception areas
• Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
• Nursing station
• Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
• Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
• Regulatory document processing area
• Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
• Secure record storage
• CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
• Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
• Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
• Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
• Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
• Standard medical equipment, including ECG and Holter machines, digital and analog scales