Union, South Carolina
Velocity Clinical Research, Union
Velocity's research site in Union was founded in 2005 as part of VitaLink Research, and acquired by Velocity in 2021. Our Union site has extensive experience in respiratory trials. Union’s experienced staff maintains high quality standards and enrollment on all their trials. All trials are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP.
Centrally located outside of downtown Union, this site shares its building with the Principal Investigator’s pulmonary practice. This allows for easy patient recruitment for clinical trials. There is ample patient parking available, and the local hospital is 2 miles away from the site. The Union team is committed to being a resource for study volunteers, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Union
The Velocity Union team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
Joseph Boscia, MD attended New York Medical College and completed an internship at Berkshire Medical Center in Pittsfield, MA and a residency at the University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, NY. Dr. Boscia specializes in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Diseases. He applies his expertise and 15 years of research experience to trials at Velocity Clinical Research, Union.
Meredith Banfield, RRT, CCRC has been a registered respiratory therapist for almost 20 years, with 17 years conducting clinical trials in Union, South Carolina. Meredith brings her extensive knowledge and experience to leading the Velocity Clinical Research Union location.
Union facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research, Union facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
- Nursing station
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Regulatory document processing area
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including ECG and Holter machines, digital and analog scales