Binghamton, New York
Velocity Clinical Research, Binghamton
Velocity's research site in Binghamton partners with United Health Services (UHS) to conduct clinical trials for a broad range of investigational treatments. Research studies at this site explore vaccines and medicines developed to treat migraines, diabetes, acne, depression, high cholesterol, and other conditions. All trials conducted at the site are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP. Acquired by Velocity in 2022, the Binghamton location conducted clinical trials for years, first with Regional Clinical Research, then as part of Meridian Clinical Research.
Through the partnership with UHS, the site is easily accessible to thousands of patients, including those established with the practice. Our Binghamton team is committed to being a resource for study participants, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness, and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Binghamton
The Velocity Binghamton team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
Frank Eder, MD is a lead physician for United Health Services who has been in practice for more than 20 years. Board certified in Family Medicine, Dr. Eder received his medical degree from SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY and completed a family medicine residency at United Health Services Hosptials in Johnson City, NY.
Binghamton facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research, Binghamton facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
- Nursing station
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Regulatory document processing area
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
- PBMC lab capabilities
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including an ECG machine and digital scales