Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Velocity Clinical Research, Baton Rouge
Velocity's research site in Baton Rouge frequently conducts clinical trials for a broad range of investigational treatments. The studies at this site explore vaccines and medicines developed to treat migraines, diabetes, acne, depression, high cholesterol, and other conditions. The clinic began conducting clinical trials with Meridian Clinical Research in 2017 before being acquired by Velocity in 2022.
Located near several other medical offices and minutes from a local hospital, the site is easily accessible to thousands of patients, including those established with the practice and diverse populations. All trials conducted at the site are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP. The Baton Rouge team is committed to being a resource for study participants, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness, and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Baton Rouge
The Velocity Baton Rouge team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
Baton Rouge facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research, Baton Rouge facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
- Nursing station
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Regulatory document processing area
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including ECG and Holter machines, digital and analog scales