Gaffney, South Carolina
Velocity Clinical Research, Gaffney
Velocity's research site in Gaffney was founded in 2005 as part of VitaLink Research, and acquired by Velocity in 2021. Our Gaffney site has extensive experience in respiratory trials, and our experienced staff maintains high quality standards and enrollment on all their trials.
Conveniently located on a major highway, the Gaffney site is highly visible and easy to access. The site space is shared with the Principal Investigator’s pulmonary practice, allowing for easy recruitment of established patients of the practice. The Gaffney is also located across the street from the local hospital. All trials are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP. The Gaffney team is committed to being a resource for study volunteers, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness and to advancing medicine through research.
Velocity Clinical Research, Gaffney
1529 N. Limestone Street, Gaffney, SC 29340
Phone: (864) 488-1283
Find a Clinical Trial in Gaffney
Visit VelocityPatients.com or follow us on Facebook for study updates and more.
Our experienced research team in Gaffney
The Velocity Gaffney team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
David Erb, MD received his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School and completed his residency in Internal Medicine at The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. He previously worked in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan, and has been in practice for more than 20 years. Dr. Erb is board certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, and Critical Care. He holds a medical license in both South Carolina and North Carolina. He has worked at William Beaumont Hospital as a staff physician, and currently works at Upstate Lung and Critical Care Specialists, in Spartanburg, Gaffney, Greenville, and Union, South Carolina. He applies his extensive knowledge to Pulmonary and Internal Medicine studies at Velocity, primarily in our Gaffney site. He is one of 3 doctors at Mary Black Health System-Gaffney and one of 11 at Mary Black Health System-Spartanburg who specialize in Pulmonology.
Gaffney facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research, Gaffney facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
- Nursing station
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Regulatory document processing area
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including ECG and Holter machines, digital and analog scales