Velocity Clinical Research, Hastings
Velocity's Pediatric and OBGYN research site in Hastings partners with Obstetricians & Gynecologists, P.C. and Children & Adolescent Clinic to conduct studies related to women's health, infectious diseases, and conditions affecting children. This site also performs vaccine studies for people of all ages. Acquired by Velocity in 2022, the Hastings location was founded in 2020 as part of Meridian Clinical Research.
Located in a medical park, the site is easily accessible to thousands of patients. All trials conducted at the site are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP. Our Hastings team is committed to being a resource for study participants, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness, and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Hastings
The Velocity Hastings team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
Tyler Adam, MD specializes in obstetrics and gynecology at Obstetricians & Gynecologists, P.C. Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, Dr. Adam attended medical school at the University of Nebraska College of Medicine in Omaha, NE and completed a residency at the University of Nebraska College of Medicine. He is a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Daniel Leonard, DO specializes in pediatrics at Children & Adolescent Clinic as well as Mary Lanning Healthcare Hospital. Board certified in pediatrics, Dr. Leonard attended medical school at A.T. Still University in Kirksville, MO and completed a pediatrics residency at the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL. He maintains an academic position with Omaha Children’s Hospital and the University of Nebraska School of Medicine.
Hastings facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research, Hastings facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
- Nursing station
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Regulatory document processing area
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including ECG and Holter machines, digital and analog scales