Velocity Clinical Research, Omaha
Velocity's research site in Omaha frequently conducts clinical trials for a broad range of investigational treatments under the leadership of Velocity's Chief Physician Officer and principal investigator Brandon J. Essink, MD. Typical studies at this site involve medications for acne, allergies, chronic diseases, depression, high cholesterol, diabetes, infectious diseases, and other conditions. This site also performs vaccine studies for people of all ages. Acquired by Velocity in 2022, the Omaha location was founded in 1999 as the first site and main headquarters for Meridian Clinical Research.
Located just off I-680 in Omaha, near the Northeast corner of 108th and Maple, this location provides services in two buildings and is easily accessible to thousands of patients. All trials conducted at the site are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP. Our Omaha team is committed to being a resource for study participants, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness, and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Omaha
The Velocity Omaha team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
Chief Physician Officer, Principal Investigator
Brandon Essink, MD, CPI has served as a principal investigator since 2003 and is Velocity’s Chief Physician Officer. In his role, Dr. Essink directs clinical practice operations at Velocity’s dedicated research center in Omaha, NE. He is frequently selected to lead pioneering vaccine research programs because of his extensive experience in the field and the superb track record sites have maintained under his guidance. Board certified in Family Practice, Dr. Essink received his medical degree from University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, NE. He completed his residency in family practice at University of Nebraska Medical Center and a family practice fellowship at University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Fritz Raiser, DO specializes in Emergency Medicine, and is affiliated with Methodist Hospital. Board certified in Emergency Medicine, Dr. Raiser received his medical degree from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed his residency at Doctor’s Hospital in Columbus, OH.
Omaha facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research, Omaha facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Regulatory document processing area
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including ECG and Holter machines, digital and analog scales