Velocity Clinical Research at Urological Associates of Savannah
Velocity's Urology research site in Savannah partners with Urological Associates of Savannah to conduct clinical trials related to conditions and disorders of the urinary-tract system, including reproductive health in men. Located near several other medical offices and minutes from a local hospital, the site is easily accessible to thousands of patients, including those established with the practice and diverse populations. Urological Associates of Savannah began conducting clinical trials with Meridian Clinical Research in 2015 before being acquired by Velocity in 2022.
All trials conducted at the site are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP. The Savannah team is committed to being a resource for study participants, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness, and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Savannah
The Velocity Savannah team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
Buffi G. Boyd, MD began private practice in Savannah, GA, in 2004. Board certified in Urology, Dr. Boyd received her medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta and completed a General Surgery Internship and Urology Residency there.
David L. Cheng, MD has been in private practice in Savannah since 1994. Board certified in Urology, Dr. Cheng earned his MD degree from Cornell University Medical College. He also interned and performed residencies (general surgery, urology) at Mount Sinai Hospital.
Savannah facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research at Urological Associates of Savannah facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
- Nursing station
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Regulatory document processing area
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including ECG and Holter machines, digital and analog scales