Syracuse, New York
Velocity Clinical Research, Syracuse
Velocity's research site in Syracuse was founded in 2017 as Clarity Clinical Research and acquired by Velocity in 2021. Our Syracuse site offers expertise in diabetes, NASH, vaccine, and neurology trials. All trials conducted at the site are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP. Our experienced staff maintains the highest standard of quality and patient care on all their trials.
Conveniently located on the intersection of major local highways, Velocity Syracuse is one of only a few research sites in the Central New York area. The site has ample parking available for patients. The local hospital is 2 miles away from the research site. The Syracuse team is committed to being a resource for study volunteers, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Syracuse
The Velocity Syracuse team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
Robert C. Cupelo, MD attended Syracuse University and SUNY Upstate Medical University, receiving his MD degree in 1982. He completed an internship in internal medicine at the University of Massachusetts Hospital in Worcester, MA and his internal medicine residency at SUNY Upstate. Dr. Cupelo then began and maintained a primary care internal medicine practice from 1985 to 1994. After, he joined CNY Internists and practiced primary care medicine along with responsibilities as managing partner through 2014. Dr. Cupelo transitioned to personalized medicine with MDVIP in 2011 and started solo practice for MDVIP in 2014. He also joined Velocity Clinical Research at our Syracuse location as a Principal Investigator in 2017. In 2021, Dr. Cupelo retired from internal medicine after 36 years in practice, but still works as a Principal Investigator. He is married with 5 grown children, and now 4 grandchildren. In his spare time, he enjoys gardening, baking bread, music, golf and most of all, visiting his children and grandchildren in Cincinnati, OH and New England.
Syracuse facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research, Syracuse facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
- Nursing station
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Regulatory document processing area
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including ECG and Holter machines, digital and analog scales