Velocity Clinical Research at MidWest Eye Center, Cincinnati
Velocity's Ophthalmology research site in Cincinnati partners with MidWest Eye Center to conduct clinical trials related to disorders of the eye. This site explores medicines being studied for their effect on diabetic macular edema, macular degeneration, dry eye, diabetic retinopathy, and more. Acquired by Velocity in 2022, the Cincinnati location conducted clinical trials for years, first with Sterling Research, then as part of Meridian Clinical Research.
Through the partnership with MidWest Eye, the site is easily accessible to thousands of patients in the tri-state area, including those established with the practice. All trials are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP. Our Cincinnati team is committed to being a resource for study participants, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness, and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Cincinnati
The Velocity Cincinnati team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
Christopher Devine, MD, FACS is a board certified Ophthamologist who specializes in vitreoretinal diseases and surgery. Dr. Devine graduated Summa Cum Laude with his Bachelors of Science degree from the University of Cincinnati and received his Doctor of Medicine degree from Northwestern University. He spent his residency at the University of Tennessee. A few of the conditions Dr. Devine treats include Floaters/Flashes, Macular Degeneration, Retinitis Pigmentosa, Macular Hole, Macular Pucker, Retinal Tear, and Diabetes.
Cincinnati facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research at MidWest Eye Center, Cincinnati facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
- Nursing station
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Regulatory document processing area
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including ECG and Holter machines, digital and analog scales