Velocity Clinical Research, Denver
Velocity Denver services the Denver Metro area with a population of 2.9 million and rapidly growing. Denver’s experienced staff maintains high quality standards and enrollment on all their trials.
Located along a major roadway, the Denver site is in a high traffic shopping center. With access to a large population, the Denver team excels at meeting enrollment goals on all their studies. Ample parking is available for patients. The site is also located 2 miles from a local hospital.
All trials conducted at the site are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP. The Denver team is committed to being a resource for study participants, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness, and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Denver
The Velocity Denver team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
Theresa O’Lonergan, PhD, MA has been in clinical research and research administration for 25 years. Dr. O’Lonergan earned her PhD in clinical investigations from the University of Colorado. After retiring from the CU School of Medicine, she held Research Integrity Officer positions in several large health systems and joined Velocity in 2021.
Robert Williams, MD is a board-certified family practitioner with additional certifications in Geriatric Medicine and Palliative Care & Hospice Medicine. After receiving his medical degree from Tulane University, Dr. Williams completed his residency at UCLA Ventura County Medical Center before completing fellowships in Palliative Care & Hospice as well as Geriatric Medicine at the University of Colorado. In addition to his extensive experience in conducting clinical research as an investigator, Dr. Williams has been practicing medicine for over a decade.
Denver facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research, Denver facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including ECG, digital and analog scales