Velocity Clinical Research, Lincoln
Velocity's Family Medicine research site in Lincoln partners with Lincoln Medical Education Partnership (LMEP) to conduct clinical trials related to general medicine and infectious diseases. Typical studies at this site involve medications for acne, high cholesterol, and other conditions. This site also performs vaccine studies for people of all ages. Acquired by Velocity in 2022, the Lincoln location was founded in 2021 as part of Meridian Clinical Research.
Through the partnership with LMEP, the site is easily accessible to thousands of patients, including those established with the practice. All trials conducted at the site are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP. Our Lincoln team is committed to being a resource for study participants, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness, and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Lincoln
The Velocity Lincoln team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
Jay Meyer, MD specializes in Emergency Medicine. He is affiliated with Bryan Medical Center and Bryan Medical Center West Campus. Board certified in Emergency Medicine, Dr. Meyer received his medical degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, NE and completed his residency at Summa Health Systems in Akron, OH.
Lincoln facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research, Lincoln facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
- Nursing station
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Regulatory document processing area
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including ECG and Holter machines, digital and analog scales