Sioux City, Iowa
Velocity Clinical Research, Sioux City
Velocity's research site in Sioux City frequently conducts clinical trials for a broad range of investigational treatments. The studies at this site explore vaccines and medicines developed to treat migraines, diabetes, acne, depression, high cholesterol, and other conditions. Acquired by Velocity in 2022, this location was founded in originally in Dakota Dunes in 2005 and later moved as part of Meridian Clinical Research.
Located near several major highways and roads, the site is easily accessible to thousands of patients. All trials conducted at the site are performed in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines, and in compliance with GCP. The Sioux City team is committed to being a resource for study participants, to providing the highest quality of patient care with compassion and kindness, and to advancing medicine through research.
Our experienced research team in Sioux City
The Velocity Sioux City team of physician investigators and clinical research professionals are experienced clinical researchers. All physicians are board certified in their specialty area(s) and all research staff is trained in clinical research regulations, including GCP and HIPAA. Training records and certifications are maintained. Our clinical team is dedicated to conducting quality research in a professional and caring environment and strives on collecting quality data.
David Ensz, MD specializes in family practice, obstetrics, pediatrics, and sports medicine. Board certified in family medicine, Dr. Ensz received his medical degree from University of Nebraska Medial School in Omaha, NE and completed a family medicine residency at University of Nebraska Medical School.
Sioux City facility features
The Velocity Clinical Research, Sioux City facility is designed for the ease and comfort of study participants and to allow optimal efficiencies in performing clinical trials. Features at this site include:
- Private examination/consultation rooms
- Comfortable patient reception areas
- Facilities for extended-stay pharmacokinetic studies
- Nursing station
- Secure monitoring rooms or workstations with phone & high-speed internet access
- Multiple individual & secure workstations for research staff
- Regulatory document processing area
- Electronic data capture (EDC) capabilities
- Secure record storage
- CLIA certified research laboratory or clinical laboratory with CLIA waiver
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuge
- Secured & temperature controlled investigational product storage with pharmaceutical refrigerator & freezer
- Freezers equipped for laboratory specimens at -20 & -70 degrees Celsius
- Backup generator/power source in the event of site power loss
- Standard medical equipment, including ECG and Holter machines, digital and analog scales